Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Gas petal stopped working - then after tow worked again 2005

Customer Question

gas petal stopped working - then after tow worked again 2005 crown vic int
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Was your check engine light coming on and if so was there any fault codes setting?

Did the battery go dead at any point?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
motor still ran - engine light came on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one day later it work after tow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
battery did not go dead
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Your 2005 Crown Vic has an electronic throttle body (fly by wire) and if you lost the throttle then that means the PCM (computer) detected a system fault and that caused the check engine light to turn on. In order to determine the cause the first thing you are going to need to do it to have the computer system scanned to see what the fault code and or codes where that should have set when the light came on. Most auto part store such as Auto Zone will do this for you at not charge. If you can get this done and post back with the fault code I can address this for you with the proper repair.