Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2002 e 350 that doesn't start the engine size is

Customer Question

hello I have a 2002 e 350 that doesn't start the engine size is 5.4 the codes that I have is p0232 and p0230 but I don't think that I have injector pulse or spark plugs signal what you guys think it is
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 11 months ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

did you check for voltage to the injectors key on engine off??? you can use a test light as a noid light to test for the pcm commanding the injectors on.

do you have spark???

Roy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

no

Expert:  roy replied 11 months ago.

no??? to what??? injector pulse,,,spark????

Roy

the attachment is for the 230 code checks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No spark but i have power to the injectors key on there is voltage to the injectors

Expert:  roy replied 11 months ago.

ok, thanks, ***** ***** test if there is a command from the pcm. either a noid light in the injector connector or a test light.

Roy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No injector pulse they have power no no pulse

Expert:  roy replied 11 months ago.

ok. inspect the wiring harness for any damage back to the pcm.

the pcm gets it signal to fire the injectors from the crank sensor. when it sees that signal, it will start to pulse the injectors.

Roy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok I look at the wires and I don't see no damages and I tried the pcm with another van and is working ok where else can I check

Expert:  roy replied 11 months ago.

you cannot use another pcm from another truck. it needs to be programmed to your truck to even work.

how did you determine it worked???

Roy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok I took the pcm from the truck that doesn't work and I put it another truck that was running ok and start right up

Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Was the crank sensor ever replaced at all here for this issue?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No

Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Have you cleared out the fault codes then tried to start the vehicle to see what codes come back again?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Same codes the po230 and po232
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

O.k.,the codes here are for the fuel pump relay circuit.Do you have a test light or multi meter and can you locate the fuel pump relay and remove it (keeping in mind which way it was installed) so we can test signals at it?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes

Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

With the fuel pump relay removed test these signals at the relay and let me know what signals you have.

One terminal should have power at all times key on or off (at or near 12 volts)

One terminal should have power with the key on or engine cranking

One terminal should have a ground with the key on the first two seconds only or when cranking over the engine only.

Let me know what signals you have here.

Thanks Pete