Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Dunn. Cose P1633 on a 2004 Ford F-150 2wd 1/2ton, Started

Customer Question

Dunn. Cose P1633 on a 2004 Ford F-150 2wd 1/2ton
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Started truck and seemed to take longer then usual to "fire". Finally started and once the idle went to normal it then dropped to around 600rpm and the check engine light came on. Drove it and everything seemed to run fine. When i went to start it again a little later it had a rough start again and then i went to AutoZone. They said it was showing as a voltage surge and battery was bed. Bought new battery and replaced and code still came on. Checked alternator and starter all were fine. Code P1633 is the current code that is showing. On a side note 3 days ago i cleaned my engine compartment. could i have gotten something wet or shorted out? if so where should i begin looking?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 9 months ago.

Can you give me the VIN# ***** I can get the information for you?