sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2005 Ford Expedition. The

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2005 Ford Expedition. The door locks have become inoperative either from the switch on the door or the fob. Would that be the Door Security Module that has failed or more likely a fuse. There is also a clicking sound under the dash on the passenger side when I engage the switch on the door or the fob to lock the truck
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what other details would be helpful...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's possible that you could have a failed vehicle security module but you could also have a wiring issue or blown fuse. If you're hearing a clicking when the buttons are pressed though that's most likely the lock and unlock relays within the module, in which case the module is at least awake and attempting to operate.

Have the F2.20 and F2.5 fuses in the box inside been checked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your assistance. It was F2.20 that had failed. I replaced it and all is well now. Thank you.

Great, I'm glad to hear it!