Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

When towing my boat, the driver side Blind Spot light comes

Customer Question

When towing my boat, the driver side Blind Spot light comes on intermitetly.
JA: What model and year is your Ford?
Customer: 2014 Ford Explorer Limited
JA: Nice car. The Ford Mechanic can help you with your '14 Explorer. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I tow my boat, the driver side Blind Spot light come on, especially when making a left turn, or on a left curve.
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Ford Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: OK
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: It depends on what the fix might be.
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Ford Mechanic now?
Customer: Yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hello. If you have a factory ford trailer hitch and harness the ford blind spot detection system should automatically turn off when it detects that you are towing a trailer. If you do not, you will have to manually shut off the system otherwise it will turn on the indicator because it cannot determine that it is a trailer you are towing or a vehicle following closely. This is why the indicator turns on then you are turning especially. This is a normal condition for the vehicle.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.