Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Turns over won't start, 1996 F150, 5 liter, Drove it today

Customer Question

Turns over won't start
JA: What model and year is your Ford?
Customer: 1996 F150, 5 liter
JA: Nice car. The Ford Mechanic can help you with your '96 5 . Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Drove it today to work no problem. now it won't start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried to jump it, tapped on starter, checked ditributro to see if it was loose (its not)
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Ford Mechanic now?
Customer: is it free
JA: The Ford Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: how much
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. The engine cranks over but does not start? Does it have spark when cranking? Does it run on starting fluid? Does the check engine light come on with the key in the on position?