Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM, Ford, Chrysler, nissan, mazda...30 years. ASE Master, troubleshooter
2947720

When the truck is in drive it doesnt wanna go over 2000 rpms

Customer Question

when the truck is in drive it doesnt wanna go over 2000 rpms and its a 1990 ford 150 xlt lariat e4od transmission
JA: Nice car. The Ford Mechanic can help you with your '00 truck. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i change the spark plugs and the wire and cap and rotor and sensors and when i put the truck in to gear it doesn't wanna go over 2000 rpms but whiniest idleing it will rev up to 4 or 5000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes and the check engine light is on too
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: distributor cap and rotor and spark plugs and wire and map sensor throttle position sensor and o2 sensor and also it backfires out of the intake
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Ford Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about your '00 truck. Are you ready to speak with the Ford Mechanic now?
Customer: its a 1990 truck
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel.

..

Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged.

.

.

If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks