Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech
11409661

I am hoping you can help me - When I purchased the 2007 Ford

Customer Question

I am hoping you can help me - When I purchased the 2007 Ford Explorer sports trac truck last year (used) there was a warning light on the dashboard- "Tire Sensor Fault". The local government transport department has failed the truck for this fault message, so I needed to get it removed (or fixed). I took the truck to a local garage and they changed all the tire sensors but the sensor warning light on the dashboard would not disappear. I then took it to the only garage in Bermuda that had a Ford computer system to get the sensor removed. They removed the "Tire Sensor Fault" and it was then replaced with another warning, "Tire Monitor Fault". PLUS, none of the other items on the dashboard work (speedo. tachometer, fuel gauge). The guy at the local garage is now telling me I need a new mother board or computer to replace the one I currently have, as he cannot fix the problem. I hope you are following me? He also said it needs to come from a used 2007 Ford explorer sports trac truck and the original "Tire Sensor Fault" signal removed. Can you assist with this?When he removed the dashboard he also broke the clear Plexiglas cover plate or window, that you look through to see the dash board gauges. So I will require a new one of those as well.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: read the text I just sent you pretty detailed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.

do you know if they performed the tire sensor retraining procedure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure, but what exactly is that?
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.

it is the procedure where all the tire sensors are trained and reset to the wheel position and to the module in the vehicle, if this isn't done the module cannot recognize the wheel sensors and the light comes on.