Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2008 Airbag code B2292-E0 pulled using IDS. Both

Customer Question

2008 Airbag code B2292-E0 pulled using IDS.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Both pretensioners have been replaced and I still cant get the code to clear
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
driver and passenger pretensioner resistance is 2 ohms as viewed on IDS PID
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 9 months ago.

B2292 applies to the buckle-side pretensioner. The retractor pretensioners are called load limiting retractors and if at fault will trip a B1085. The codes are generic (they cover the entire circuit including wire problems, module problems, etc.) If you want specifics on the code, i.e., short, open, etc., then you need to retrieve the bit mapped codes with the IDS scanner. The bit mapped codes look like this: B2292_29, B2292_30, etc.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did use IDS to retrieve the codes as stated it is B2292_E0. I cannot find what the E0 part of the code represents.

B2292_EO is the overall system code and all the IDS is capable of reading. When the restraints control module (RCM) detects a system fault, it will flash a coded sequence which is called a LFC on the air bag warning indicator located in the instrument cluster module. The code is 2 digits. The first digit is flashed with a 0.5-second interval between pulses. There is a 2-second pause before the second digit is flashed, which also has a 0.5-second interval between pulses. There is a 5-second pause between each display of an LFC.

Each LFC is flashed 3 times after which the air bag indictor will remain lit for the remainder of the key-on cycle (except for DTC B2792 [cross link between firing loops] which only flashes one LFC). If there are multiple LFCs, each LFC will flash in order of priority.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Starting in 2008, the escapes no longer flash a code with the air bag light. When it detects a fault, the light illuminates solid. Codes must be read with IDS or equivalent.Which brings me back to the issue. Both pretensioners have been replaced with known good units and IDS reports the resistance of the circuit as 2 ohms per side which is within spec.Is there a way to get IDS to be more specific on the fault code?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Pin out tests suggest to replace the RCM, which was done using a know good module.

Ahh... I did not know we were working on a Escape, all I saw on my screen was "2008 Airbag code B2292-E0 pulled using IDS", so I went by what most Fords that MY have. My bad.

For the Escape, the fault PIDs should be something like 2292_2_OD and 2292_2_CM, etc. If you don't know how to get those codes, then I'm afraid I can't help you. I'll opt out so others may try. Please don't reply until another expert responds or the site will revert you request back to me.

Best Regards.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

The previous tech has opted out, would you like me to help?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no. His information was about as incorrect as you could get. I was able to use the fault PIDs function of IDS to find my problem.

Glad you got it resolved. Since you have already paid for help but not yet rated a post. Is there another question I can help with?