Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

97 e-350 with fuel light coming on and engine shutting down.

Customer Question

97 e-350 with fuel light coming on and engine shutting down. Replace filter didnt seem bad.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's a 7.3 diesel. Last night I had to stop many times to get home when engine shutt off would let cool 15 to 20 mintues then would run right for awhile.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

If you are referring to the water in fuel light and not the low fuel light, then you bought bad fuel and the fuel will need to e drained out and fresh fuel put in.

If you are referring to the low fuel light, there is something going on in the tank with the fuel sending unit.

Either way, the tank will need to be dropped for further evaluation of the fuel. This os not going to be a simple fix by just swapping the fuel filter or running fuel cleaner in the tank, unfortunately.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?