Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer is slowly taking gas. So I

Customer Question

Hi my name is Carolyn & my 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer is slowly taking gas. So I replaced the canister vent solenoid but the problem did not stop. The engine light went off for a few days but came back on. So I replaced the fuel cap and my fuel gauge kept going up to full when I was I was only at half full. Then when I took the cap off it made a sound like I had opened a bottle of soda. Can you please help me with my problem?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 9 months ago.

Hello, yes it sounds like your vent solenoid is sticking. When your ligjt came on did you scan for thr code? The vent solenoid controls the pressure in the tank and it is s commonly failed part. Thr only other possibility would be thr pressure sensor. If you could give me thr code we would know for sure. If not replace thr vent solenoid