Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have 2005 ford 500 3.0 fwd 6speed automatic. Transmission

Customer Question

I have 2005 ford 500 3.0 fwd 6speed automatic. Transmission started slipping the other day then went completely out checked the fluid looks good smells good. I can unhook the battery and hook it back up then start the car put in in gear it will slip for a few seconds and catch and pull good then it will not do anything. Unhook the battery it will work again..plz help really don't w***** *****ge the transmission
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. What kind of testing can you do, scan tool, pressure testing, dis-assembly and inspection?

SO far my bet is the valve body/TCM is going to be the culprit in this case since the fluid is not showing signs of burnt clutch material.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris