Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Name is ***** ***** problem I'm having is my 94 ford ranger

Customer Question

name is ***** ***** problem I'm having is my 94 ford ranger not stating getting fuel I can smell gas changed all plugs and wires new starter when it does start it fires right back up after warmed up but when it sits over night just wont start run battery down numerious times and hook up to jump box or other vehichle acting like it not getting enough spark spark plugs are gapped at .054 could it be crank shaft sensor or something else please help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just seems like it not wanting to fire I know there known for not starting when its cold but its 50 here I can crank and crank till the battery is dead when I let off the ignition switch it it seems to sputter through injector system I put a bottle of injector cleaner in it and ran for couple days now just wont start at all
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. When the engine is cold does it appear to be cranking at sufficient speed?
  2. When the engine is cold can you remove a plug wire, crank the engine and see if there is at least 1/2 inch of blue spark?
  3. What liter engine?
  4. When cold will it start at full throttle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no cranks at normal speed haven't tried the plug wire check it has the 4.0 fuel injected wont start at all when cold until after I crank on it for hour and have battery umped

When can you check the spark?

Do you know how to check injector pulse and fuel pressure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nevermind

Okay, best of luck