Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Clock on Navi/radio screen is correct when vehicle is first

Customer Question

Clock on Navi/radio screen is correct when vehicle is first turned on, but the clock does not update. The one on the cluster works normally. After vehicle is shut off and restarted, clock is again correct at first. Read some complaints about this issue and tried to first turn on clock GPS sync and it didn't fix the issue. Then it was suggested to do a master reset from that same navi screen. The vehicle warned that some settings (presets and phone sync) may have to be reprogrammed after reset, which the customer was fine with. So we did the reset, but now the screen is blank and there is no radio. The buttons that control the stereo also do not beep like they usually do when touched. I reset the navi system by removing and installing a fuse, i think 29, for a few seconds and reinstalling it. I then get radio for about 30-40 seconds then it turns back off, but still no screen. Just trying to at least get my customer back to square one. Id be happy at this point if just the screen and stereo worked again, even if that clock is still messed up. Thanks for the help!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Try removing both battery cables and hold them together for one minute. Then after an hour reconnect them to the battery. This will discharge and reset every module. The symptom chart that I find fits the best states to replace the radio to address this then and now concern.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris