EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Issue with a 2002 Ford Taurus ses aftermarket radio install,

Customer Question

Issue with a 2002 Ford Taurus ses aftermarket radio install
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ok. So I bought the car with an aftermarket radio already installed. Later, I replaced the radio with another - better - aftermarket radio. It was super easy to wire up because the wiring was already done from the last install before I owned the car Since then, my car got broken into, and the thiefs stole my new radio and cut all of the wires. I cannot get power into my new aftermarket radio I am missing a yellow wire and a red wire which should be constant power for the yellow and accessory power for the red on the new unit Red and yellow wires are not coming from the fuze box in the back. Should those wires come from the front harness that was once hooked up to the factory installed radio. Or should both of the wires come from the new schoche harness I bought?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Those colors are on your harness. The factory power wires are black/pink for accessory, and for power all the time white/red wire. And the red/yellow wire is hot in start or run position.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for viewing my response. Please let me know if you made progress with this, or have more questions. And please rate my service and have a great day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No progress. It simply did not work
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Are you checking the factory wire color I mentioned with a test light to verify if there is power there?

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for viewing my response. Please let me know if you have more questions to make your radio work. And please rate my service and have a great day.