Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

My side Curtain Airbags deployed on my 2008 Ford Escape.No

Customer Question

My side Curtain Airbags deployed on my 2008 Ford Escape.No other airbags deployed. Do I have to change the clock spring? are there any sensors that I have to change?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Best bet would be to scan the system with a good scan tool. It will tell you everything that triggered during the collision.

You will want to check the pre-tensioners in the seat-belts also. In an accident a small charge goes off in most seatbelts causing the belt to lock up instantly and keep you restrained. They don't always pop, but when they do sometimes it's hard to tell. The seatbelt will work normally, but the pre-tensioner is used up. A good scan tool will give you a code that indicates any sensor that is open (needs to be replaced).

If you can get it scanned I'd be happy to help you identify which sensors need to be looked at based on the codes.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to see if you need any additional help.

Please don't forget to rate. We don't get paid if we don't get a positive rating.