roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I have a 2007 Ford Econoline Van. Was outside last night and

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Ford Econoline Van. Was outside last night and noticed that the interior lights were blinking on and off and the car was buzzing/beeping. No key in ignition. All door were closed and locked. There is no alarm on the vehicle.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It had been drizzling all day. Don't know how long this has been happening.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 9 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

it sounds like the battery is low. low voltage at a battery can cause all kind of crazy issues.

does it start and run???

Roy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it starts and runs. The battery is about 2 months old.
Expert:  roy replied 9 months ago.

ok, thanks, ***** ***** a light control module that may be failing. you need a scan tool to access the module to see if has any faults stored.

do you have a scan tool???

Roy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no what do you recommend
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I disconnected that battery last night so it wouldn't run down. So I suspect the faults would be lost.
Expert:  roy replied 9 months ago.

if the problem comes back, the faults will return. I would at least take it to a shop and have them check it for you. a parts store will not be able to access this module

Roy