Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  35 years ASE Master Tech, Diagnostic , Electrical Specialist
13677702

2007 ford van 250 econoline. fuel rail needs to come off to

Customer Question

2007 ford van 250 econoline. fuel rail needs to come off to get plugs out.Any special way fuel rail comes off?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: need to change plugs just need to remove fuel rail to get coil packs off to pull the plugs.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: not hoping im going to.lol
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no just need to change plugs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall C replied 9 months ago.

Hello, engine size?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
think 5.4 not sure going thru another person
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2007 f 250 van
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
will find out haft to go to church now email me any info please.

well, assuming it is the 5.4? you do NOT need to remove the fuel rail, It looks like you do but when you take the coil bolts out, they slide up and wiggle away from the rail and will come out, They have a long flexible boot on the end, rail does not need to be removed

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
haft to go to church will get back to you.

ok, just hard as I am responding as quick as I can, LMK I am saying the rail does not need to be removed