Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

The p0183 code is coming up & I just changed my fuel pump

Customer Question

The p0183 code is coming up & I just changed my fuel pump fuel filter & pressure sensor but it still boggs out when I go put it in drive
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It boggs out after in drive & driving down the road
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Did your repairs address the code that was stored and no other codes have returned?

Does it bog down to the point of stalling?

Does it bog down in reverse?

What is the idle speed in park at operating temp?

What liter engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the first code that came up was P0901 & P0300 so we changed the fuel pump & fuel filter & the code P0183 came up. Its still doing the same as before we changed everything. Yes it bogs out to the point of stalling & no it doesnt do the same thing in reverse. It is a 5.4 engine. & we dont know how to figure the idle speed ? Could you tell me a little more please ? Are you thinking maybe this could be the power steering ?

I am not thinking its power steering related.

You should have a tachometer in the instrument cluster to see the idle speed in park.

Is there a certain speed you can reach while driving in D where it seems to run better and not bog down?

Just so I understand in P N R it idles fine and reverse has no engine or transmission ill effects?

Do you have the ability to check the fuel pressure manually and with a diagnostic tool?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help but it was the fuel pump driver module..

Glad you got it resolved.