Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Acts like thewont release. It seems as if the tires are

Customer Question

Acts like the*****wont release. It seems as if the tires are binding up when turning. I realize the problem could, remotley,be a u-joint, but I have had this problem in older rigs and it was always I forgot to disengage the wheel
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: This is a 1997 Explorer
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: This problem did not exist until this winter. I live in an area of snow and ice 4 months a year
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.

What kind of surface is the vehicle sitting on right now?