sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2012 ford transit connect. Batterie was dead this morning

Customer Question

2012 ford transit connect. Batterie was dead this morning and after I jumped it, the display lights are flickering (only when head lights are on) and the door open light occasionally flashes on
Category: Ford
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Flickering lights as you're seeing are a common issue with a bad battery. The battery acts essentially as a reservoir and a buffer to smooth charging system pulses. The alternator is duty cycled and it's output is constantly changing. When the battery isn't able to receive charge correctly then you'll see charging system pulses in lighting or even in the instrument cluster.

I would recommend having the battery load tested or swapping in a known good battery. If the light issue started after the battery was dead then odds are the battery is the cause.