Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Is there a rear heater core? I can't afford to replace the

Customer Question

Is there a rear heater core? I can't afford to replace the front one at the moment, but I have heat in the back. If I bypass the front, will I still have heat from the back one?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yep!
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've determined that I'm losing coolant, but there are no visible signs, The heat doesn't work in the front except I get a little at 4500 rpm. The smell is the sweet smell of coolant, but none on the carpet. The rear heat still works fine.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: It's a 2000 Expedition.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 9 months ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** i can help .

yes there is a rear core and yes you can bypass the front core and still have the rear work .