rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2005 explorer and it will not start. i have codes

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2005 explorer and it will not start. i have codes u1900 and u2023
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: can you tell me what could possibly be wrong and possible fixes?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i have mechanic help
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: not that im aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Those are communication codes, meaning that if the BUS line is broken or any one module has failed that is on the BUS line, the vehicle will NOT run. This needs to be at a shop to find this problem with several special tools. Sorry to have to tell you that, but it's true.

Thanks, Ron