Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 98 Lincoln continental threw a torque converter

Customer Question

I have a 98 Lincoln continental threw a torque converter clutch solenoid code
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: and it still bucks and stalls upon stopping engine rpm fluctuates even after replacing the solenoid
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 11 months ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

I'd like to help you, but there's a couple of things I need to clarify before we start:

First, are you going to try fixing this yourself? If you are, I want you to know that I can guide you through all the technical procedures, but you will need a good voltmeter and a scan tool capable of actuating the solenoids to trully diagnose what's wrong with this tranny.

Second, there is more than one code for that circuit, do you remember the specific code number that popped up?