sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My name is ina. I have a 89 ford ranger. 4x4 I relaxed the

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** have a 89 ford ranger. 4x4 I relaxed the switch in the steering wheel checked the relay and replaced the windsheild wiper motor. My wipers still work in high only and no squirters. Come on when they want to also Not 89 I have a 99 ford ranger
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: relaxed the switch in the steering wheel checked the relay and replaced the windsheild wiper motor. My wipers still work in high only and no squirters. If I leave the switch on in the truck they come on when the want to
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You could have a handful of things going on. The problem may be with the switch wiring, the GEM, the wiper relays or their wiring, assuming the replacement switch and motor can both be ruled out. It's always possible that you got a bad replacement part but it isn't that likely.

Have the wiper high/low and run/park relays been swapped with others?

Is there power on the white wire at the motor with the switch on low?