Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2004 Ford f250 ranch diesel 4wd 4 door. Cruising along at 65

Customer Question

2004 Ford f250 king ranch diesel 4wd 4 door. Cruising along at 65 and everything shuts down as if someone flipped a switch. Immediate shutdown. no electrical power, no lights, nothing. I'm assuming a fuse or ground but I'm no mechanic
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No. 225k mileage, automatic. It was running great until shutdown
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 9 months ago.

Hi. Has power returned to your vehicle, or is there still no power to anything?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No power to anything.

Have you checked all the battery cables yet? Make sure they are tight and connected? And also do you have a test light to check for power?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

you checked the battery cables?

I need to opt-out. Another expert should be along shortly to help you. Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Look I'm not totally ignorant. I've rebuilt motors, trannys axles blah blah. I know a little about electrical but I don't have schematics to trace fuse blocks, circuits etc. Both batteries have 12V each. Alternator has 12v going to it.