Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Suddenly the radio/cassette/cd in my 2003 Ranger quit

Customer Question

Suddenly the radio/cassette/cd in my 2003 Ranger quit working. The display shows the word "CALL". If I press the OFF switch, "CALL" goes away momentarily, but comes right back and remains displayed even with the ignition off. I pulled the fuse to shut the display off.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm hoping
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: only 86k
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** should be a button on either the steering wheel or dash, that says PHONE or has a picture of a phone, do you know where this button is?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just checked top make sure. No - I don't have anything like that.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Theres a button on the radio with a picture of a phone - but that's for muting the radio.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

have you tried pushing that button, when the radio is on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ive never used the mute button before. and since this problem started it does not do anything like all the other controls.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

then it is a problem within the radio unit, that button is pushed to mute it, and when its muted, it will display CALL, and if the buttton does not unmute it, then its a problem inside, and it will need to removed and repaired, or replaced,Tim

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
that's it ?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

it cant be anything else, it has to be internal inside the radio,Tim

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok - thanks
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

Anytime my friend, Please dont forget to rate me so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim