Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

07 f150 lic plt lights work now dont work. wondering if fuse

Customer Question

07 f150 lic plt lights work now dont work. wondering if fuse or housing that holds bulb, fits in to exterior housing is no good. 07 f150 plate lights issues bulbs new, working fine, one side went. checked bulb on other side, worked fine. now the both dont work. time frame last 1/2 hr.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when it started happening about month ago, acted as if loose connection. Ive had these bulbs about 6 mo, led's. I toyed with them they steadied out then left side went out but bulb still works. i thought bad connection so went "old school" wrapped aluminum foil around bulb, plugged in, both sides dont work. figured I caused a short. Haven't checked brake lights yet
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Don't wrap foil on the lights. If the circuit gives a bad reading back to the module, it will shut the circuit down. Best bet is to replace the bulbs.

Have you used a multimeter to check the wires on both sides of the lamp to see if there is voltage? If so, then the socket is bad.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  James replied 9 months ago.

Hello, do the park lamps in the rear work still?

Expert:  James replied 9 months ago.

Sorry I didn't see someone else was here.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
park lamps still work
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

Use a multi meter and test the light sockets themselves. See if you have voltage on each one and let me know what that voltage is, please? You want 12 volts to be ideal. If you have that, then the sockets are bad and not allowing the lights to seat well or there is an issue with the bulbs, maybe even both.