Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

No crank or start on my 2005 f350 6.0. Check engine light

Customer Question

Hello. No crank or start on my 2005 f350 6.0. Check engine light was on and scanned to a p0675 result
Category: Ford
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

the glow plug on cylinder number 5 is not registering

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what does that mean? Cost?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

the glow plug need to be replaced i would recommend replacing all not just they one The average cost for a Glow Plug Replacement is between $148 and $201. Labor costs are estimated between $121 and $153 while parts are priced between $27 and $48

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is that definitely what it is? I looked up other forums and code possibilities stating that it could be other things, I just want to be armed with knowledge before I take it to mechanic and they try to rip me off
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

yes sir that is definitely what it is

Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

if you need anything else please let me know be sure to rate my service when you get the chance

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Why would that cause truck to lose all power? And now it seems it has drained my batteries down to nothing! Nothing works!
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 9 months ago.

is it still not starting

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, I have not done anything to it all day...I just got home from work and now I have no power whatsoever! No lights, horn, nothing. When I tried turning over this morning I had power, now I have absolutely nothing
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 9 months ago.

Hi there. The previous expert has opted out, so I'll try to help you.

We experts never know what's on our customers' minds when they post a request, so please don't be upset when I ask you...

... first; are you planing on fixing this issue yourself? If so, are you aware that you might have to use tools and equipment to do so? - please be aware that I can only provide technical guidance from my position.

... second, and knowing that diagnostic and repair procedures can be confusing for someone who hasn't done this before, do you have basic mechanical skills?