Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have a 2007 ford mustang. The red security light (one of

Customer Question

I have a 2007 ford mustang. The red security light (one of the idiot lights) with the lock key symbol blinks unless the car is on or the burglar alarm is set. My other fords don't do this. If I turn off the car and just listen to the radio it blinks and blinks. I don't think it is supposed to do that.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
having trouble using this web site. yes, please call ***********
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

It depends on the vehicle model and the theft rate of the vehicle. Some will flash every 5 to 8 seconds, some will flash every 30 seconds, some will flash only if you attempt to open the doors.

The Mustang does it more for looks and style. Then you get into a truck and they don't flash at all. It just depends on how the vehicle is set up. On average though, they should blink every 3-5 seconds.

If there was something wrong, you wouldn't be able to start the car or the light would flash constant. Now if it is blinking constant, there is a fault in the system and you will need to scan the system to see what the code is.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Jeremy: Not sure that you have answered my question. I have owned the car for 5 years and never noticed this annoying blink before. My 2009 expedition does not do that. I just talked with a guy that owns a 2006 mustang and it does not do that.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

I did answer. I'll reword it for better understanding.

You are getting the flashing because the PATS has a code stored in the system. You will need to have a scan tool that can scan the PATS system and determine what the code is. The best tool to use is the Ford software with the IDS adapter. It will inform you of the code and what is going on. I suggest the sooner the better for if the issue is for the key readings, it can cause you to be stranded and pay for a tow. You don't want that to happen to you.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

I was writing it to explain both side of the coin as to what looks normal and what doesn't.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?