Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

In the process of removing and reinstalling rear door handle

Customer Question

In the process of removing and reinstalling rear door handle it appears the spring that loads the tension on the handle as you pull it has come loose. Is it necessary to replace latch assembly or is there a way to move spring back into position?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: by examining the inside of opposite side door latch, the spring is misaligned. I have tried to move spring assembly back into place but there is limited visibility and not knowing the inner design I do not want to struggle with an unsolvable issue
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: when door handle was removed there was the issue of the door not wanting to latch correctly
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** spring catch is molded into the plastic housing, so, no they cant be repaired, it will have to be replaced, what is the year, make and model of this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2012 ford edge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

do you have the chrome handles or the black?