James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

This is ***** ***** I have several issues with my 08

Customer Question

hi this is ***** ***** I have several issues with my 08 powerstroke 6.4. I was recently in a accident and now p2263 p2563 and p006b are coming up. I have a H&S tuner with deletes as well
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the check engine light only appears when getting on a free way and the pedal is 1/2 to 3/4 down.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, has all of the damage been repaired?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only the front quarter panel and hood was damaged. The wiring harness is not pinched.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like a bad map sensor on the vehicle. It is a sensor that is threaded into the intake manifold. They coat up with carbon and plug up. If you remove and clean it they usually will work correctly all over again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cleaned and ran on Dyno. Same issue. The "O" ring is seated right and the connector is plugged in and making connection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not solve the issue
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

With the key on engine off what does the map sensor read for psi?