Joe Prestia
Joe Prestia,
Experience:  Lead Automotive Tech at Belle Tire
92135077

How do I remove the rear brake disc. I have new disc and

Customer Question

how do I remove the rear brake disc. I have new disc and pads to replace
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I've removed the pads, caliper and I just need to remove the disc on my 2010 ford taraus. Do I have to remove the torq bolt on the side?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes I'm
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: it seems there is a 40mm torque screw, does this have to be removed or is there more that I must remove to get the disc off
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No, everything else is fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Joe Prestia replied 9 months ago.

The T40 torx screw has to be removed along with the caliper and bracket. Once all of that is out of the way it should come off fairly easily If you live in a rust belt state like myself the old rotors may take some coaxing with a 40oz. ball peen before they "Pop" free of the hub! If you have troubles getting the screw out let me know. I have a few tricks when those are stubborn too.

How did that brake job turn out?

Sorry to respond here again but there was a site issue saying I opted out. Disregard this message but please be sure to leave positive feedback if this was helpful!