Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Name is ***** ***** i have a 2006 ford freestyle. I cannot

Customer Question

name is ***** ***** i have a 2006 ford freestyle. I cannot get it started. Somehow I think the anti theft system got enabled
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my sons girlfriend tried to start the car last night to warm it up. Im not sure what she did but the alarm light is on and there was a clicking noise when I got in the car. I tried to turn it over but nothing was happening
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is it acting like a possible dead or weak battery or have you tried to recharge the battery or jump start the vehicle at all?

Have you tried to lock and unlock the doors with the key or remote to see if it starts then at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried to jump the vehicle last night but it did not work. Tried all of the above last night. I had to leave the car at the hockey rink. Unfortunately the rink had the car towed to a service shop and they are looking at it now. Im all set. Can you please refund my card as the jump did not work. I do not want a membership here so please refund the mastercard.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.

I will send this to customer service for you.

Thanks Pete