Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2011 F150- the battery is dead the key is inside

Customer Question

I have a 2011 F150- the battery is dead the key is inside and the door key code doesn't work. How do I open the hood to charge the battery?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

With the battery being dead and key locked inside the vehicle unfortunately the key code will not work as there isnt enough voltage due to the dead battery itself.What will have to be done from here is a lock smith or AAA company come out and unlock your door with their slim jim tool then from there the battery can be re charged or jump started and tested to see if it just needs a full re charge or if it needs replaced.On some models with the key cylinder hole in the door you might be able to get a Ford dealer in your area to cut you a new key blade using your vehicles VIN number to then unlock and access the inside of the vehicle to get the keys and re charge the battery.Your battery can be tested at no charge to you by a local parts store.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete