EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer. The ABS light and the red brake

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer. The ABS light and the red brake light are on always
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: A lightning bolt hit a tree that was 20 feet away from the truck and it travelled under the vehicle and came out of the ground 6 feet from the rear drivers side passenger door
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Have you checked any of the vehicles fuses? Under the hood and in the interior.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All of the dash lights remained on like a Christmas tree and I had to replace the alternator and main computer. Having done so, all the lights went off and the vehicle runs very well. I cannot connect a computer to analyse the vehicle because it says that it cannot connect to the internal system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The abs and the red brake light remain on however.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The anti skid feature is also not working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will replacing the instrument cluster panel correct the communication issue with the computer?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

First, if there is not power to pin 16 of the data link connector then a scan tool will not communicate. When you replaced the computer did you have it programmed to your truck?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was programmed. I will check power to pin 16. I will get back to you.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

ok. Let me know.