Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2008 ford f 150 and I have a few problems. 1st is

Customer Question

I have a 2008 ford f 150 and I have a few problems. 1st is when driving my radio all of the sudden hits audio mute by itself. And also when trying to listen to my aux cord it just switches to fm radio on its own.
2nd is when driving it happens at different speeds but at like 40 mph to 70 mph it will studder almost like its missing but no check engine light.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

On the radio issue, do you have audio controls on the steering wheel? If so then its likely an issue with hose switches or the clock spring. If not then its the radio. On the studder, if its fat vibration last 1-3 seconds or a single clunk then its the torque converter clutch. New fluid and an additive called LUBEGARD will help. If its more like the vehicle has the hiccups then its a coil pr plug failing and power balance test is needed. This scan tool read out will tell you which cylinder is dropping out and not contributing.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris