Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have 2006 expedition that cranks but will not start. I

Customer Question

I have 2006 expedition that cranks for days but will not start. I have checked and replaced fuses. I have also replaced the fuel pump driver module, the fuel filter, and the fuel pump. But with each new part I keep getting the same results. Also I checked and reset the fuel pump shutoff switch. What am I missing?
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Have you been able to check for any trouble codes in the PCM (Engine Computer)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't checked any codes yet. I don't have an obd-II and I haven't been wanting to pay the bill to get it towed to the garage to do it (several hundred dollars). From what I have researched it could be the non-servicable relays, the pcm itself or any number of sensors. I just don't want to throw any more money at it unless I know it's going to fix it.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

See if you can rent one a code reader or see if any auto parts store will loan it out. The codes point us to the problem. Guessing will get really expensive and gte everybody mad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hooked up my obd2 scanner and I didn't get any dtc's. So I pulled a fuel off of the rail and cycled the key to see if I was getting any fuel up to the engine and there wasn't any. So I'm thinking the problem might be in my inertia switch or the fuel pump relay. Or am I just way off?.