Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2008 ford fusion v6 3.0 I have replaced my radiator

Customer Question

I have a 2008 ford fusion v6 3.0 I have replaced my radiator and thermostat. The radiator had a small leak. My car a day before i replaced the radiator it started to over heat and has done it for a few weeks now. I turn the heat on high and it cools back off and will run normal for the rest of that trip. It doesn't always overheat but will for a day or 2 then be fine. The fan also is running all the time even going 70 on the expressway. It is 15 outside here as well it should never run when it this could on the expressway. The water pump is OE but seems to work fine. I have had the coolant flushed 3 times in 177K and drained it the last time I changed the radiator about 1k ago. Am I missing a sensor or something? Or should I go after the water pump
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Does the cooling fan come on and remain on as soon as you start it?

If you turn the climate control off, does the cooling fan shut off after a bit?

Have you ran a cylinder compression test?

Have you done any testing on the coolant temp sensor?

Do you no longer need help?

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris