Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master
6166830

Have a 2013 ford escape my daughter t the lock button on the

Customer Question

have a 2013 ford escape my daughter hit the lock button on the remote 3x checking that the car doors were locked&all lights were off.this morning the remote would not unlock the car I even tried the spare remote but the same thing its as if there no power at all.in the car.in tried opening the remote back door but there no power there,i was hoping to get into the car so I could pop open the hood.i have no key.it seems to me the only way would be to get underneath the car and put booster cable to block&starter and hope that way I can charge up battery enough to open hood and check cables&battery&maybe main fuses.is there any other way to pop open hood since release is in car.please advise john
Category: Ford
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 9 months ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** i can help

is the car a push button to start ? and is there a key hole in the driver front door ?

if you flip the remote over there is a small tab push the tab then pull the metal key out and use it to open the car door