Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Have 1992 ford Taurus, 35,000 original miles, 3.8 engine.

Customer Question

have 1992 ford Taurus, 35,000 original miles, 3.8 engine. Temp guage showing temp goes up pretty high, no hot air blowing through heat ducts. When temp drop to normal, hot heat returns in air ducts. temp was 15 degrees this morning and temp was erratic in traffic, but pretty steady on interstate. Car engine had gotten hot last summer, then cooled off. Either the coolant fan is not coming on, do not hear any noise difference or maybe bad sensor. Hear water girgling when engine running when in the drivers seat, when temp is cool. I am sure car has original anti-freeze in it. Was going to change when this problem is diagnosed. Usually temp is pretty stable, but this morning in the cold was pretty eratic. No fluid leaks found anywhere. In the summer I think the engine temp rose and then trans fluid started leaking,real bad.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** said it overheated last summer, how hot did it get?