Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

I have a 95 Ford Windstar that needs a replacement gas line

Customer Question

I have a 95 Ford Windstar that needs a replacement gas line from the fuel filter to the engine. Is this part available and where from?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: A Walmart oil change employee told me recently that I had a fuel leak. He got down outside the drivers door and reached under the car. When he stood back up he showed me his hand and it smelled of gas. I took it to a shop here in Camp Point, IL. and they said it was the part I said. The line from the fuel filter to the engine is leaking.
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, I don'
JA: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Is the part available, where, and how much should I expect to pay for this part?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: The shop that I took my 95 Ford Windstar to said that this part was not available from the Ford dealership because that it was discontinued. Is this true?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

Due to the year of the vehicle, the "original" part is more than likely unavailable or discontinued. IF you could find one, it'd be a hard find... or outrageously priced. However, there is a solution. Most local parts stores sell the metal fuel line in a straight length of line. The line is bent to form to the shape of the original line. The old line is cut out and the new line is joined with the use of union fittings. It's a very common practice. Most shops even have the lines and union fittings in stock. Or, again, readily available at most local parts stores. For an image view of what I'm referring to, click here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhwxn0bcbxod32g/line-fitting.jpg?dl=0

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

..