Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I needed 4WD time in a while.. usually use 4wd gh but this

Customer Question

I needed 4WD for first time in a long while.. usually use 4wd high but this time used 4wd low speed . it wouldn't release until I disconnected the battery wassup?
JA: I'm good. And you?
Customer: terrific
JA: Glad to hear it. What do you want help with?
Customer: i have issues with 4wd locked in low speed
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes as always. have another one to ask also
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: 08' F-450 truck. My baby! I LOVE my truck!!!! when i use 4wd low it sticks and wont release till long time down the road.
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 9 months ago.

what procedure are you using to switch the transfer case?