James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Leif 2012 F250 Ranch drivers side mirror quit folding in or

Customer Question

Leif Henderson 2012 F250 King Ranch drivers side mirror quit folding in or out all the way. moves about two inches and stops. have tried syncing and does not help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: other than that it works fine. will telescope in and out mirror adjustment is fine just will not fold all the way in or back out if it is in the folded position. I can hear the motor working inside the mirror and some popping noises when I try to function
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.

Hello, do your mirrors have the telescoping feature? If so does it work correctly?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
JamesAll features of the mirrors except the power fold work fine.
Expert:  James replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately the only option is to replace the mirror. If you have an extended warranty I would go that route. Ford doesn't sell the motor needed separately like I think they should.