Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

I got a 2008 6.4 power stroke I have the keys put of

Customer Question

I got a 2008 6.4 power stroke I have the keys put of ignition the trucks completely off everything should be dead but the headlights keep flickering the battery's have juice the PCM relay isn't there I don't know if I need it the dash cluster is going nuts and it will run for about 45sec everything will work then it dies and starts going crazy please help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is Scott

Does the dash "die out" or does the truck stall?

Check the connection on the drivers side battery positive cable, there should be a bolted on red wire that feeds the cluster and igntion switch, see if this connection is clean and tight. Let me know what you find, thanks Scott