Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

How do you turn off security on a 2002 windstar, the starter

Customer Question

how do you turn off security on a 2002 windstar
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the starter won't engage and its flashing security if you cross the starter the sylenoyde the starter will turn over but it will not start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: almost everything I have turned the ignition on and off several times. I have tried locking and unlocking it with the key fob and put the key in the actual lock and tried locking it and unlocking
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 9 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Do you only have 1 key for this vehicle? or do you have a spare key you can try?