AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

My 94 f150 died while driving down road and is not getting

Customer Question

my 94 f150 died while driving down road and is not getting fire now. how do i test and where do i start?
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Start by verifiying that the check engine light comes on with the key on and that it goes off while cranking. This is very important. IF this checks out good, then we check the ignition coil inputs while cranking. (powers and ground)

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

It is possible that the ignition coil itself might just be bad or it may not have any power going to it so we will need to check that as well.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

It is also possible that the tune up parts (secondary ignition components) are bad well. Check for spark coming right out of the ignition coil while cranking. Let me know.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

.