Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I cant fix a misfire on this vehicle. I have a diagnostic

Customer Question

I cant fix a misfire on this vehicle. I have a diagnostic report if I can figure out how to attach it on here.
So far we have replaced 4 Coil packs, new spark plugs, rebuilt fuel injectors.
History, I bought at an auction, had a miss, replaced coil packs fixed the problem for a few days then the misfire came back then replaced spark plugs and rebuilt fuel injectors. Still has a mess and no OBD2 codes are present.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

This is pointing at a bad computer when it doesn't recognize misfires and does NOT set codes. I would read all the associated data including MODE 6 to see if it's recognized there.

Thanks, Ron

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** the MODE 6 data is cut off. Did it fail any of the parameters? Sounds like a bad computer if everything passed on MODE 6, nothing is getting recognized.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I will try again, I can let you see the entire report if you want but it will take me a few mins

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

You have 2 that failed, you need to look those up and find out what they are and why they failed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I was hoping you or someone on here knew what they are? Thats a little over my understanding of the report.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

I teach a MODE 6 class that takes 2 months long twice a week 3 hours per night. Looks like this may be a touch over your head, very sorry, but we wouldn't be able to do this over the internet. Sure hope you don't let this reflect on my rating, because this is not my fault.

Thanks again for your understanding,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes it is over my head, and no worries but what I need to know is how to fix it. That part I can do, even if I need to replace the computer and have it flashed at the dealer.

Thanks

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Then have it diagnosed at a shop and fix what they tell you is wrong.

Thanks again, Ron

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Please open this up for someone else!

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

No one will be able to tell you what part is broken without running the necessary tests, Are you serious?

You need to get this diagnosed, there's no magic here.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Again! Please open this up for someone else!

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Different tech here, would you like me to try and help?

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris