Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

O
, Is there a charge fpr tjos?
, My son has the

Customer Question

o
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Is there a charge fpr tjos?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: My son has the car, the problem just aoccurred, he had the code dumped. So, wondering what to do? Safe to drive? Cause? PO61B
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: 2008 awd. Driving in a snow storm, road heavily salted. Wrencch light came on, but it has since gone off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

What model and engine please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2008 fusion awd. I don't have the car here. My son has it 30 miles away. 90,000 miles on it. no prior problems.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can find the vin....let me look
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
3fahp01138r226685
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He was driving in the snow, heavily salted road.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My computer is not working properly, If I loose you, please call me at ************

Thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

The code, (P061B) is actually for an internal control module torque calculation. Normally to do with the electronic throttle controls. (see attached diagram).

.

To be sure what may have set the code, the diagnostics, (pinpoint test) would have to be done. If it is running okay at the present time, there should be no problem with driving it.

.

If you give me your email address, I can get the pinpoint test instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I tried to accept the 6 dollar offer, but it would not let me. I would have though my initial payment would have covered all of this, so a little peeved.

I see, sorry for any site issues. Let me see if I can send it again. That just happens to be company policy, thanks.

In fact, as I said, "I don't get paid until the answer(s) are rated", thanks. I might be able to put the test in a dropbox and send a link to it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please put it someplace where I can get to it. My son just got out of garage, and they are talking about a lot of work to find the problem, and there was no mention of a 'pinpoint' test.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He did say, that just before this happened, it didn't seem to shift right. He has now driver about 5 miles, and the wrench light is off, check engine is still on, and it is shifting normally.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You still there?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am still trying to accept that offer...
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It will not accept...need help in how to accept
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

The previous tech has opted out, would you like me to help?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.