Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 1992 Ford F-150 with a 5.8. I replaced the battery

Customer Question

I have a 1992 Ford F-150 with a 5.8. I replaced the battery and the silanoid when I turn the key nothing. It doesn't click or nothing. But as soon as you touch it with a set of jumper cables it fires right up. Let it run for awhile and shut it off and it doesn't start again. whats my next step
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall C replied 10 months ago.

Hello, where are you touching with jumper cables? also, do you have a testlight or volt meter?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Im putting the cables on the battery post. No i dont have test light or voltmeter

so you are basically jump starting and it starts and runs just fine, When you turn it off does anything work like wipers, headlights, blower, etc etc?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it completely powers up everything works great you would expect it to start

I have to step out, so I am going to opt out and open the post, another expert will be along soon to help

Expert:  sarmiento22556 replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I will try to help you with your concern

It sounds like the battery you replaced is not good or a loose or bad connection at the battery

double check all connections and grounds